Thursday 31 March 2011

Final Garments & Photoshoot

Its my second day of starting my finals..So far I've used up 5 threads and I haven't even finished a garment yet!! Monday to Wednesday morning I spent laying out my digi print. I'm so excited to see it printed. I'm hoping the colours come out as they appeared on the screen but after that worry is pure excitement! (and a little bit of stress)
Today I met up with my photographer to organise a photoshoot for my collection. I ran through a few ideas with her and we seem to be on the same wave length. I have taken inspiration from a photograph of my mum and my great grandad. The picture is of two photos which were faded together by accident while it was being developed. It looks really spooky but amazing at the same time. Its booked for Saturday 7th May at 9.30am. Due to my collection being about what children wanted to be when they grew up, Im going to use props which are seen as objects in jobs. i.e. fireman's hat, football, racing cars etc. I want to approach this by using vintage props to give it a more interesting look. Here are some images of the sort of props i would like to use...







My nephew Jayden has a Vintage Car and a firemans truck. I reckon if i give him some sweets then he wouldnt mind me borrowing them for my shoot ;)

1 comment:

  1. Give me warning, they are buried in the garage! x

    ReplyDelete