Saturday 16 April 2011

The Textile Institute: Everything You Need To Know About Childrenswear

Yesterday I went to LCF in Holborn to watch a lecture on childrenswear. It was so inspiring and helpful to hear experts talk about the industry. As a designer it was great to hear about the what not's in designing for children and the chemicals that can go into a product. Alot of the what not's seemed a bit extreme but at the same time completely understandable. For example: Hoods can be too large because if a child was to fall asleep wearing the garment the hood to fall down there face and suffocate them. So now hoods must be lined in breathable fabric to prevent this. Something I wouldn't of thought about but now after this lecture its given me a new understanding of design.
The most inspiring talks was from the company director of Skew. Skew are a company that focus on the entertainment business for the worlds favourite media companies. As someone that uses print and illustration in my projects this became really helpful to me and opened my eyes to another side to design. I've been reading there blog and have found some fantastic art on there from many artist and creators. Here are a few that made me chuckle:


No comments:

Post a Comment