Saturday 23 June 2012

Long time no see...

After a short fast year I've finally made it back on blogger! For many months now I've been meaning to start blogging again but due to a busy year I just haven't got around to posting anything. Well I'm blogging now so let me give you an update on what's been happening over the last year..
At GFW I meet the senior designer for Smith & Brooks who was looking for a Junior Boyswear Designer...well I went for the interview and with luck I'm now a Boyswear designer! I've been in my job for a year and feel I have grown so much as a designer as well as a person. I design for JCB, Fireman Sam, Thomas the Tank Engine, Mr Men and Disney for high street retailers such aa George @ Asda, Tesco, Matalan, M&S and many more. I was lucky enough to travel for design inspiration during my time here. I've been to Paris and Barcelona which has given me a better understanding of design and trends.
Speaking of travelling I celebrated my 2:1 degree results by taking a holiday to my dream location, Dubai, in July 2011. This truly was a trip of a lifetime. Such a beautiful city!! To this day I'm till trying to convince my boyfriend we should go back. I love and miss the place to death!
I've just got back from Cuba yesterday and am completely jet lagged!! Cant seem to get back into the swing of English time. Cuba was so inspiring! So much history and culture about the place. Tried my first cigar there....which I can safety say I wont be making a habit of smoking one again!
Well the time is 2.30am and should probably go bed now. Night x

No comments:

Post a Comment